Tuesday 17 July 2007

Today - 17th July 2007

I had a lovely afternoon with my sister and niece today. I blow dried my niece's hair and then we sat and did two puzzles together, after that we read together. She is so bright she learnt quickly what certain words were. She's like an old soul in a young body.

My sister made me the most amazing lunch! It was a fruit Salad with Avocado (which I hadn't tried before) apple, sultanas, orange and walnuts. It was so delicious.

I can see Sophie (my niece) in years to come as a young lady, and I know she's going to make everyone proud, she already does. Saturday I am going to see her on stage doing her ballet dancing and tap dancing. I am really looking forward to that.

It was one of my neighbours funeral today, he was an elderly man and he found out in October that he had Cancer, and it quickly spread to the rest of his body. He leaves a wife, and a grown up family. I didn't really know him, only to say hello, yet when I see the hearse today there was a lump in my throat, I think I will miss seeing him. Although I didn't know him well, it was normal to see him outside doing his car and pottering about. Things like this, always make you wish you got to know people better and they make you think of your own actions in life.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Glad you enjoyed your lunch.