Tuesday 3 July 2007

Celebrity Hates

There's a certain celebrity I have really disliked over the years, I've hated every thing about her and have slagged her off rotten at times. But lately, I've been thinking about why I dislike her? There are a couple of reasons, but in reality I don't think my reasons are justified. As I don't know this woman personally, and she's most probably a lovely lady. Plus, why do I put so much energy into her life when it's my life that's important?

Here's some reasons:

She doesn't seem to do much for charity, but then have I really researched that to find out what charities she does support? The answer to that is no.

Her pout winds me up, but then she is a celebrity and her life is in the public eye and all about the celeb status.

Am I jealous? I guess I am little, not of who she is, but of what she can do with all that money she has.

Is she a good role model? I don't think she is really due to how thin she is. it's obvious she is only that thin as she has worked at it to be that thin. It's reported she is a size 0 and to be honest she looks it. I don't think it looks nice to be that thin, but she likes it so it's up to her.

Also she recently brought out a book, and when she was advertising it, she was on GMTV saying how easy it is to put a nappy in a tiny hand bag and still go out looking fab. The problem with this is, in the real world, mums need to take a lot more than a nappy out with them when you have a baby in tow. But hey, we don't all have minders and nannies to carry the huge load for us. Ok this isn't going as it's supposed to be going, but these are some of my reasons.

When celebs complain about being constantly photographed, it really pisses me off, as everyone that's famous is only so because they want to be (I'm talking pop stars, soap star, movie star etc). It goes with the job, you know that from the start of wanting to be famous. If you want to be famous then you know you have no private life as such, so you have choice if you don't like it give up your fame, move where no one else knows you, stop making records, movies, songs, modeling etc ......

So anyway, I've decided that instead of feeling real dislike for this person, to instead try and send out good vibes. When I think of her I'll try to remember what she's achieved, after all she is only where she is today through her own hard work. In reality she lives in a different world to me, where she shares her life with other celebs. It doesn't make her better than me, but also it doesn't make me better than her. We're all human, making our way in the world and in all honesty who am I to judge?

So I end this by wishing her well. Good luck to the band when they reform too. ;)

1 comment:

Jess said...

I know who your talking about and i'm sure everyone else does too, it's good that you have now decided to think moere positively about said person. I could never understand where uyour deep dislike came from.