Wednesday 1 August 2007

My Mate Kim.

I spent the afternoon with my mate today, we've known each other for about 11 years now. She's my one and only friend I have in 'real' life. I don't make friends easily, as I'm not confident like that. It stems from my school days. I was always the odd one out, the quiet one and the one who never got picked for team play outs on Rounders etc. I never felt like I fitted in at school, and I've sort of grown up and find it hard to join in with other people. I get worried that if I made new friends, they'd expect too much from me, more than I can give, as I'm kind of a solitary person. When someone does want to talk to me, I sort of feel like 'Why do they want to talk to me?' Because of this and because I don't join in with discussions and find it hard to walk up to people and chat, I have been told I come across as aloof. I really don't mean to be like this, it's just my low self esteem. In my own home and around my family I have tons of confidence, it's just other areas when it comes to talking to others that I have a problem. That's one of the reasons I like the Net as I can open up and be myself, without having to talk face to face with anyone. Anyway enough of that.....

My mate has two Staff's, they're cute dogs but when they first see you they go mental! I have yet another two scratches that are turning into bruises on my arm. Storm and Brandy are their names and my mate wants to breed them, I think she's crazy!!!!!!
We took them for a walk today and I could see in some people's faces they were worried about walking past us. There has been some bad press in the papers about Staff's and I am weary myself, not just about my mates dogs, but I am weary of all dogs. Even my puppy when we had her. I have this little fear about dogs, due to my hubby's dog when I first met him, who didn't like me! I'm not as scared now, but it's always on my mind.

I kind of feel sorry for my mate, because as long as I've known her she's been on her own. She's had to bring up her two children on her own, with hardly any help from her ex. Now she's going through the teenage thing with her 17 year old son, and where it's easier for me, because I have hubby to back me up, she has no one. So she's really having a bit of a rough time atm. I listen and try to give some advice, but she has to do what she feels is right. It's easy for me to tell her to do this and do that, when I go home to hubby.

One of the things I like about my mate is she always asks me for a reading, but she takes them too seriously, although I do tell her not to, they're only meant as inspiration. No cards can tell her, her future, they only guide to bring positive actions and inspiration into your life.

My mate has been a good mate to me, there have been some rocky times. But we've stayed friends throughout. I couldn't imagine not having her friendship. I think she's in my life to teach me not to be judge mental, and I'm in her life to teach her there is life after death. As she's terrified of dying. But we're also in each others life to give each other support and friendship.

No comments: