Friday 17 August 2007

A Levels Exam Results

Both my two eldest boys had to pick up their A level exam results yesterday.
Alex whose 18, has just left college and passed his A level results and has now been accepted into University. He's going to attend the Greenwich University and study Computing and Games Software.

Jim whose 17, failed his A level results, and is going to re-take his studies at college. He's going to re-study P.E & Biology. He is keeping the option open to be a Fire fighter. I hope this is a dream he creates. But he's not 100% sure what he wants to do yet.

I think they're both lucky to have this opportunity to go to college and Uni. If I knew what I know now back then, I would have done the same.

3 comments:

Jess said...

That's a shame about Jim Marg, i hope he isn't too disappointed.Even if we knew back then what we knew now we still wouldn't have gone to college. I would have loved to have gone to college back then but we didn't get EMA and we also didn't have the support of parent's. Let's face it it was either go out and get a job and pay most of it in housekeep or stay at school and have no money , no new clothes and no support.

Margo. said...

Yes I know what you mean Jess, and that is true. That's why both Al & I push the boys to do well. I don't think they would have gone to college if we hadn't pushed them to do so.
To be honest leaving school with no qualifications and no job to go to was not going to happen. The boys knew this. If Jim wants to leave college and go and get a job now, we'd stand by him.

Clare said...

Sorry to hear Jim didn't pass Margo, congrats for Alex