Wednesday 26 December 2007

My Xmas/ New year Message

This year has been one of some up and downs for me. It had a lot of positives, as well as some negatives. Like getting a puppy and only realizing it wasn't for us and having to give her up was awful. It was a very painful lesson.

But the worst lesson of all was my father dying this month, and not being able to say goodbye to him, because we had fallen out.

I've learnt so much out of this, and basically I am reaching out to all those who still have both their parents with them, and even those who only have one of them.

Any squabbles you have mean nothing. It's not until you can't say goodbye that you realize this.

So please, if you are lucky enough to have one or both of your parents here, pick up the phone and call them or even better visit them. Tell them how much you love them, because one day it could be too late.

Material things don't mean a thing in life, it's the people in your life that count. Every second of every minute you spend with them should be cherished.

Remember, your parents are human too, and they will make mistakes, they're just living day by day just as you are. They don't know everything, and they may be wiser than you, but sometimes things can get in the way, and they can become hurt too, and do things that cause walls to be built.

You can tear those walls down, and the only way to do this is through love, and realizing we all make mistakes.

Thankfully I still have my mum with me, and there is no way I will ever let her go.

No comments: