Sunday 4 May 2008

I'm a Learner Driver doing very badly!!!!!!!!

I've been having a go at learning to drive. I have been learning on a private field and was doing OK. It's just me and hubby on there so there was no one else there to distract me. So hubby and I felt I needed the road as there was only so much I could learn on the field.

Saturday morning, I had my first lesson on the road and totally screwed up! I was nervous, but when I was at a mini roundabout and looked in my wing mirror and I saw there was someone behind me. That was it, my mind went blank, I began to panic and I was shaking all over. I couldn't start the car as I kept stalling it. Then I was revving the engine as I forgot to take my foot off the clutch, it was all going wrong!!! Then as I went to turn the corner, I had the shakes so much I nearly crashed into the curb, and that was that. I got out the car and refused to drive it anymore.

Now I'm terrified to get back behind the wheel, and yet I want to learn to drive, but I am scared of making any more mistakes. I just hate the clutch and gear stick, and also I can't find my bitting point *sobs*

2 comments:

Clare said...

awww hun, its so hard learning to drive but, you will get there - I hated it at first too but, once I got used to the gears and clutch etc I was fine.

Anonymous said...

You can do it. The only way to overcome your fear is to face it. Can you practice with the clutch and gear in your mind in imaginary driving and see yourself doing it successfully (even picture people coming up behind you and picture yourself remaining calm?)? Then when you get into the car itself, if you have imagined it often enough, it will be calm just like at home. Just a thought!